Last Updated: 14 April 2023.
- Stackcrafters. ‘we’, ‘our’ and 'us’ means Stackcrafters Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12311839 and registered office at 12 Chiswick View, 300 Acton Lane, London, W4 5DJ. VAT Registration Number 336538682.
- The ‘Site’ refers to the following websites:
- ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘User’ means the person visiting the website or contacting Stackcrafters.
- ‘Services’ means the contact/sale or other interaction the User has instigated with Stackcrafters.
- ‘Personal Information’ means personally identifiable information which may include, but is not limited to your name and contact information such as telephone number, email address and postal address.
- The headings in this Policy are for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation.
- This Policy informs you of Stackcrafters’ policies regarding our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.
- By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
- This Policy affects your legal rights and obligations so please read it carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, please do not provide Personal Information to us.
- We are the controller of the Personal Information provided to us for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
Personal Information you provide to us
- From time to time you may provide us with Personal Information. This may be because:
- You access and interact with our Site;
- You provide feedback or reviews to us;
- You respond to a survey or questionnaire;
- You sign up for use of our services;
- You sign up for our marketing communications;
- You otherwise contact us including with queries, comments or complaints.
- We shall process all such Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. Certain Personal Information is mandatory to be provided to us in order that we can fulfil your request and we shall make this clear to you at the point of collection.
- All Personal Information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate.
- When you contact us by email or post, we may keep a record of the correspondence and we may also record any telephone call we have with you.
Information we automatically collect about you
- When you use our Site, we may automatically collect and store information about your device and your use of our Site, such as your device's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. If you want to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you can control them, please see our Cookies Policy.
Personal Information we receive from others
We may receive Personal Information about you from our customers and our third party service providers, including our payment service providers and our analytic service providers.
Legal basis for processing your Personal Information
- We will only use your Personal Information where we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful purposes that we rely on under this Policy are:
- consent (where you choose to provide it);
- performance of a contract with you;
- compliance with legal requirements; and
- legitimate interests. When we refer to legitimate interests we mean our legitimate business interests in the normal running of our business which do not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- Generally, we use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. However, we may from time to time need to use your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligations, demands or requirements, for example, as part of anti-money laundering processes or to protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety.
- We may also use and share your Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company. Any buyer of our business or assets will then be able to use your Personal Information to continue to provide Services to you.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
- For our legitimate interests, we may share any Personal Information with our service providers, sub-contractors, consultants and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including IT service providers, group companies, accountants, auditors and lawyers.
- We shall provide our service providers, sub-contractors, consultants and agents only with such of your Personal Information as they need to provide the service for us and if we stop using their services, we shall request that they delete your Personal Information or make it anonymous within their systems.
- If we need to use your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligations, demands or requirements, for example, as part of anti-money laundering processes or to protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety then in doing so, we may share your Personal Information with third party authorities and regulatory organisations and agencies.
- If we choose to merge, sell assets, consolidate or restructure, finance, or sell off all or a portion of our business by or into another company then the new owners may use your Personal Information in the same way that we do as set out in this Policy.
Where we hold and process your Personal Information
- Your Personal Information is stored in the United Kingdom and the EU where some of our service providers are located.
- When your Personal Information is transferred outside the United Kingdom or EU it is only transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for Personal Information or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your Personal Information.
- We shall process your Personal Information in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Information, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. In particular, access is restricted to employees who need to know your Personal Information, and we use appropriate password protection and appropriate strong encryption electronic measures within our electronic data management systems.
- However, unfortunately, because of the nature of electronic storage, we cannot promise that your Personal Information or any other data you provide to us will always remain secure. If there is a security breach, we will do all that we can as soon as we can to stop the breach and minimise the loss of any data.
- We may have a lawful basis on which to send you marketing emails about our Site and our Services. You can choose to no longer receive marketing emails from us by contacting us or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. Please note that it may take us a few days to update our records to reflect your request.
- If you ask us to remove you from our marketing list, we shall keep a record of your name and email address to ensure that we do not send to you marketing information.
You have a number of rights under applicable data protection legislation. Some of these rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included below. Further information can be found via the ICO website
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the Personal Information that we hold for you.
- Right to rectification: You can require us to correct errors in the Personal Information that we process for you if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Right to portability: You can request that we transfer your Personal Information to another service provider if you initially provided consent for us to use the Personal Information or where we used the Personal Information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to restrict or object to processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to require that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, if you believe our processing impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. However, we may demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds to process your Personal Information notwithstanding your rights and freedoms.
- Right to be forgotten: You also have the right at any time to require that we delete the Personal Information that we hold for you, where it is no longer necessary for us to hold it. However, whilst we respect your right to be forgotten, we may still retain your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and when we respond to your request we shall notify you of any specific legal reasons that we have to retain your Personal Information.
- Right to stop receiving marketing information: You can ask us to stop sending you information about our Services and Site.
We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee if your request in relation to your rights is manifestly unfounded or excessive, and we may ask for identification from you before we can fully respond to your request.
Retention of Personal Information
- Subject to the provisions of this Policy, we will retain Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws.
- We may also be required to retain Personal Information for a particular period of time to comply with legal, audit or statutory requirements, including requirements of HMRC in respect of financial documents and in order to deal with any dispute you might raise. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the type of Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the Personal Information, the purposes for which we process the Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
- Where we have no legal basis for continuing to process your Personal Information, we shall either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we may use anonymous data, such as usage data for research or statistical purposes indefinitely without further notice to you.
Changes to this Policy
- This Policy is effective as of 6th April 2023 and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
- Stackcrafters reserve the right to update or change our Policy at any time and you should check this Policy periodically. Your continued use of the Service after we post any modifications to the Policy on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
- If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our Site.
- If you have any complaints in relation to this Policy or otherwise in relation to our processing of your Personal Information, please tell us. We shall review and investigate your complaint and try to get back to you within a reasonable time. You do also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner, see www.ico.org.uk or if you are based outside of the United Kingdom, please contact your local regulatory authority.